1/27/2009

The Blame Game

"I'm sure we got it from that awful school - those teachers don't pay attention to anything."
"My niece gave it to me. My brother and sister-in-law don't care about hygiene."


"I must have gotten it from the chair at the movie theatre!"
"I think my son's best friend has it. I'm not letting him come over anymore."

When someone gets head lice, they want to know where they got it from. That's understandable. However, it is very likely you will never find out. You could get it from many places, and just because you think you know someone who has head lice, that doesn't mean that they were the source of your problem. Don't get mad at someone else because you think they gave it to you. They got it the same way you got it - from an unknown source. It wasn't because they didn't care about hygiene or grooming. It wasn't because they had a messy home or were neglectful. They just got it. If you start pointing fingers and getting mad, then you are the pot calling the kettle black. If you are going to confront someone who you think gave you head lice, it would better if you just approached them with understanding and information. Because now, you are all in it together.

No comments: