1/07/2009

If You Invite Me Over...

If you choose to use my services, this is what I'll do.



I'll come to your home. I'll ask some questions. Why do you think you have head lice? What have you seen? How long have you had this? What treatments, if any, have you tried? Any other symptoms? And so on.





Once I am satisfied that you made the right call, I take a look. I do a quick check on everyone that you think is affected to confirm your evaluation. If I see lice, I set up my chair and my gear and start combing and picking. (I also set up my DVD player and a movie for the little ones - it makes it easier for them to sit still.) How long does it take to pick/comb the lice and their eggs? It depends. It can take an hour to pick out bugs and eggs from short hair. It can take up to 3 hours + if the hair is long and quite infested. I can pick the heads of everyone in the household, or I can just pick the lice off of mom and dad, and show them what to look for so that they can do the nit-picking for the rest of the family.



When I'm done, I'll leave you with some information, and probably some peace of mind too. Then, I'll see you again in a week or so for a free follow up visit to look for any new lice activity. So don't panic - we can get this problem under control. Simple, yes?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hello, How does one contact you for services?

mcote said...

yes i am looking to contact you as well

mcote said...

how do I contact you for a service?

Tammy said...

My daughter has LOTS of blankets and stuffed toys on her bed! Are you saying these won't need to be washed or sprayed???

shers said...

Thank you for calming me down. Dealing with this nightmare again!!!